Sunday, October 21, 2012

BREAKING: New Kasey Anderson and The Honkies 24 Hour Window!


New Kasey Anderson and The Honkies album available exclusively for 72 hours between October 20-22.
Per his website: 


I’m going to be honest with you. Offering this pre-order and limited edition pressing hurts my chances in terms of a label putting out this record but, guess what? I’ve put out records myself before, and whether it’s this one or another, I bet I’ll do it again. In fact, this record was slated to be released by a label Spring 2013 but a last-minute argument over a few details resulted in the disappearance of that deal. This is not the first time I’ve argued myself out of a record deal and I’ll be honest, the last two times that happened – in 2004 with Dead Roses and in 2010 with Nowhere Nights – I came out better for it. I’m not sure if this will be the case here, but I certainly am tired of trusting other people to care as much about my records and my fans as I do. So, maybe a label will release Let the Bloody Moon Rise in 2013 or maybe I’ll do it myself. Either way, it’s coming out.
Until then, I’ve had enough people ask about the record that I wanted to make it available. So, here you have it: the finished, resequenced, and remastered Let the Bloody Moon Rise, on CD and 180 gram vinyl. All physical orders will ship November 20 but, in the meantime, you get an immediate digital download of the full album plus several bonus tracks. There are also a couple of extra packages where you can get a t-shirt with your order, and one where you can get my little Gretsch Way Out West guitar, if you’re into that sort of thing.
Now, if you contributed to the non-Kickstarter, or the earlier pre-order of album, which we had to pull (see aforementioned label arguments), your CD and LP will ship November 20, as well, and you’ll also receive an email with a download code for this new, ten-song version of the record and bonus tracks (some of which you have, some you don’t).
The earlier fourteen-song version of Let the Bloody Moon Rise will never exist again, so if you got that, good for you. But this is the record. This is the statement I wanted to make – we wanted to make – going forward. This pre-order will be active until 11:59 PM Monday, October 22, and then it’s gone for good. I want y’all to hear the record but, as I said, doing this jeopardizes the small remaining chance I have that someone else will put this record out. And while I am certainly prepared to release the record myself, it’s maybe not a good idea to burn every bridge I’ve got left. Not just yet, anyway.
Alright, I hope you dig the record. The Honkies are done for 2012, but we’ll be back next year to tour behind this record, which I am very, very proud of.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...