Rock the Cause Records, a music based non-profit label is pleased to announce Farewell Transmission the Music of Jason Molina. Also involved is fellow blogger and friend Common Folk Music.
A double disc collection of Jason Molina favorites as performed by My Morning Jacket, Memorial Electric Company, Communist Daughter, Murder by Death, Sarah Jaffe and more!
PRE-ORDER ON ITUNES NOW!
A portion of the proceeds from Farewell Transmission will go to MusiCares, which supports artists dealing with depression, addiction, disability, and other health issues. Another portion of the proceeds will go to Molina's family
On March 16, 2013 Jason Molina passed away of natural causes after a longstanding battle with alcohol. Jason's death shook the world of many music-lovin' souls and the music world as a whole. At 39 years old, he left behind a remarkable song catalog and lasting impression on anyone who heard his music with Songs: Ohia and Magnolia Electric Co. Starting as a heavy metal bass player from Loraine, Ohio, he became one of the most influential and iconic singer-songwriters in indie music.
In essence, Jason was the “Pied Piper” for the outcasts, the lonely, the heartbroken, and the lost singing in some secret, abstract, yet universal language where everyone understands the deeper meaning of his imagery. Known for tapping into the heart of the working-man's blues, Jason's music is mythical, mystical, and brilliant creating a sound that is eerie and melancholic all the while remaining comfortable. So, it is with this album we would like to honor Jason's music, his memory, and his genius.
Rock the Cause Records, a music based nonprofit and record label, will donate a portion of the net proceeds from this album to MusiCares to help provide assistance to artists who are battling chemical dependency, depression, disability and other health related issues.
A portion of net proceeds will also be given to Jason's family to help provide for the loved ones he left behind. For more information on the charitable aspect of this recording please visit irockthecause.org
1. Get Out Get Out Get Out - Squares
2. Arm In Arm - Memorial Electric Co
3. Farewell Transmission - My Morning Jacket
4. Lioness - Enemy Planes
5. 7th Street Wonderland - Murder By Death
6. Alone With The Owl - Sarah Jaffe
7. Old Black Hen - Jonah Tolchin
8. Leave This City - Ben Lubeck of Farewell Milwaukee
9. Two Blue Lights - The Black Swans
10. Almost Was Good Enough - Bro Stephen ft. Jim James
11. Didn’t It Rain - Box Of Baby Birds
12. Memphis Moon - Cory Branan
13. The Dark Don’t Hide It - Gabriel Douglas ft. Drew Preiner
14. I’ve Been Riding With The Ghost - Fathom Lane
1. Trouble In Mind (Fade To Blue) - Memorial Electric Co
2. I Can Not Have Seen The Light - Matt Bauer and Heather McEntire
3. 34 Blues - Will Johnson and Briton Biesenherz
4. Hammer Down - Jim and Jennie & The Pinetops
5. Just Be Simple - Water Liars
6. Steve Albini’s Blues - Catherine Irwin
7. White Sulfur - Nathan Salsburg & Joan Shelley
8. Don’t This Look Like The Dark - Wooden Wand
9. Heart My Heart - Luke Redfield
10. Lioness - Viking Moses
11. The Big Game Is Every Night - Bottomless Pit
12. Hold On Magnolia - Communist Daughter
13. John Henry Split My Heart - Jonny James and The Hall of Fames
Listen: Farewell Transmission - My Morning Jacket
Listen: Leave This City - Ben Lubeck of Farewell MilwaukeeListen: Alone With The Owl - Sarah Jaffe
Listen: Lioness - Enemy Planes
Listen: I've Been Riding With The Ghost - Fathom Lane
3.14.14 Rock the Cause "Cause Rockers" Day Party @ SXSW Liberty Bar 12PM to 6PM - 500 advance compact disc copies of Farewell Transmission the Music of Jason Molina the will be on sale exlusively at the Liberty Bar starting at 12PM. Pick yours up before the 4.22.14 street date.RSVP here.
3.15.14 Los Angeles California @ The Church on York w Memorial Electric Company Tickets Here