Saturday, August 10, 2013

Jonathan Torgrimsen - Drawn By The Flood


Jonathan Torgrimsen, a native New Jersey singer/songwriter, he's been an active musician for 15 years playing in a number of bands and as a session musician for a handful of local artists and projects. Thankfully he recently found his own voice and began songwriting….
As many writers do, I keep a notepad full of interesting phrases and words that pop into my head periodically.  When I sit down to write I'll let one of those things get me started and attempt to get into a flow.  It's the best when it's a stream of consciousness thing.  When it's really running and the music is working with it I'm the most pleased with my work.  I've never been able to sit down with the intention of writing about a particular subject.  I've tried and the result has always been disappointing.  
In addition to singing he plays guitar (electric and acoustic), harmonica, and ukulele. Joined by friends David Anthony on drums, Michael Hoddy on keys and organ, and Dave Macarone on bass releasing the album, “Drawn By The Flood” in 2012, with all original songs, a deeply moving blend of country, folk, blues and soul, recorded at Stonecrest Studios in Warren NJ. I’m glad he found his own voice and is making his own music, an excellent addition to the illustrious list of Jersey sons.



On August 6th he released a new single 'Take It Slow' and is currently working on a new album for a 2014 release.

August 23rd – 6:30 - Gabriel’s Fountain - Martinsville NJ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...