Friday, November 8, 2013

NEW Release> Porter and The Pollies


I first became aware of (Chris) Porter, and The Pollies through Couch By Couchwest, an engaging, friendly and funny couple, Porter and Helen Gassenheimer (Some Dark Holler) entertained those participating in cxcw throughout all three cxcw festivals with lively banter and shenanigans. I became an immediate fan of their music and personality’s. Also through cxcw The Pollies captured my earholes with collaborations with Porter, Browan Lollar and Jay Burgess. So needless to say I am excited by This is American Music, Porter and The Pollies collaboration.

Raw, dirty and joyously rambunctious the EP rips along with an abandonment of protocol, just friends jammin’ live, loose and having fun doing it.
As Porter puts it, "I heard all of its quirks and twitches the first time I heard the mixes. I heard the quirks and twitches while we tracked it, and I love them," says Porter. "We ditched any desire to track cleanly and opted to go all five or so of us live. Dirty.”

Tracklist:
1. Your Hometown.mp3
2. Fourth of July
3. Wood and Steel
4. Rest These Bones
5. When I Get Home
6. Blood on My Hands




Released 08 November 2013 Purchase
Chris Porter - Guitar, Vox
Jay Burgess - Guitar, Vox, Producer
Chris James - Bass
Reed Watson - Drums
Daniel Stoddard - Steel, Keys, guitar, vox
Helen Gassenheimer - Fiddle, Vox on "Rest These Bones"
Recorded in Green Hill, Alabama
Produced by Jay Burgess
Mixed by TJ Mimbs and Jay Burgess
Mastered by TJ Mimbs at Easy Street Studios
cover art by Jeff Moore - Green Olive Media
Released by: This Is American Music
Release/catalogue number: TIAM0031
Release date: Nov 8, 2013

CXCW '13 Premiere: Chris Porter and the Pollies "My Home Town" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...