Monday, May 19, 2014

Listen: Palmyra Delran & Bubble Gun's "Run Now Baby" And "Yeah Yeah Yeah"


Palmyra Delran and Kim Shattuck are both pioneers in the female punk rock movement, and today we're excited to premiere both sides of Delran's latest single, "Run Now Baby," featuring Shattuck of the Muffs and Pixies fame on backing vocals on the A-side and dueting on the B-side. Recorded with her "west coast band" Bubble Gun (featuring members of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang), "Run Now Baby" illustrates Delran's ability to write straightforward janglin' rock. Its virtual flipside, "Yeah Yeah Yeah," is a Joe Meek nugget originally performed by Glenda Collins & Riot Squad in the early '60s.

"Writing 'Run Now Baby' was a wild experience," former Friggs frontwoman Delran admits, "since it was written through cyberspace. I had never met the members of the band or the studio owner! My friend John Carlucci wrote me on Facebook and asked if I was into having a west coast band learn my material and tour — I said yes and that was that. Once I got to LA and we had our first practice with the super group (Bubble Gun), I realized how lucky I was to be able to have a great, ready-made band for the west coast. I got in touch with my pal Kim Shattuck and invited her to the studio to sing some back-up vocals on the song. We had such a blast that we decided to do a duet of “Yeah Yeah Yeah.”"
 "Run Now Baby"/"Yeah Yeah Yeah" will be available digitally on May 20 and can be downloaded on Palmyra's official website.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...